Friday 3 January 2014

Prison Ministry


Prison Ministry
Dec 29th


Casia:
"This Sunday morning we went to do some ministry at a prison in Pape'ete. We left our house in Tiarei at 5:20am for the protestant service in the prison. Just two days earlier is when we first prepared as a team for what we would be doing at the Prison. Before we talked about it on the 27th I read Matthew 2 that morning and during our time of talking about the prison ministry I found out that it was the exact passage that they would be reading on Sunday. They asked us to build our message around that passage: Matthew 2:13-23. While we were praying God had also put on my heart to talk about Destiny and His Father heart. The way it came together I felt that God was so obviously asking me to speak to the prisoners. I was really nervous but ready to speak because I knew that if God wanted me to speak, than he would give me the words and speak through me. My team prayed over me and I felt complete peace settle on me. As they were praying I was reminded of how God had told me to speak to His nations just in the beginning of this year, and He showed me how I would be doing exactly that by speaking to the Polynesian prisoners on Sunday morning. It's so incredible to me how God does that… He shows me the vision, I speak it out, and then He brings me into places where I am actually given the opportunity to respond in obedience by doing what He has shown me I would be doing.

Seeing these imprisoned men worshipping God so freely, with such strength and abandon was one of the most touching things I've ever experienced. I felt so much joy in the room while they worshiped in Tahitian and French with such strength. I felt moved to tears. I felt the deep honor of speaking to these men…"

~~~~~

Here are the four points God highlighted for me to share from Matthew 2:13-23:

1.The enemy tries to take you out.
Matthew 2:16-18
~A whole generation of boys was killed in an attempt to take Jesus's life.     

2.The Father always wants to rescue his daughter/son.
Matthew 2:13,15 & 22
~“Out of Egypt I called my son.”
God warned Joseph of the threat on His son's life.
He was watching over his son.

3. God speaks
Matthew 2:13,15,17,19,22,23
~Just in those verses it demonstrates 6 different times how God speaks, either through dreams, or by confirming what He spoke to the prophets many years earlier. 

4. God has a specific plan/destiny for you... for each one of us. 
Matthew 2:23
~Jesus was called a Nazarene.
Even when you mess up or run in the opposite direction, God is always reminding you of his plan/promises for you. 
It's not easy to miss out on your destiny.

~~~~~~

Jeremiah 1:5-8
"Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
 Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.” But the Lord said to me,
“Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’;
for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,
and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
 Do not be afraid of them,
 for I am with you to deliver you,
declares the Lord."

2 comments: