Friday 24 January 2014

Anna is Here!!!

Anna is Here!!!
Jan 11th

Anna:
"So I've been with the team here in French Polynesia for nearly two weeks now and it's been a lot of fun getting to see them and spend time with them. I've loved seeing all that God has been doing in and through everyone (so many awesome things!) 

One of the reasons I'm here has been to do a 'pastoral visit' - to catch up with everyone and see how the team is going. I also felt like I was supposed to stay longer than just a shorter one week visit as the Pacific is an area of the world that has been on my heart for awhile. So I'm super excited to be here with the team now until the end of outreach!
Even though it's only been two weeks, I've been learning so much being in this culture. The island culture is extremely relational, giving and generous and we have been so blessed by the hospitality of the people each place we've stayed. While we want to honor and bless our hosts back, I've been learning more of what it looks like to not live from a place of fear or obligation to meet the expectations people can sometimes have of us. We always look to God first and foremost and then do what He's doing. As He asks us to pour out to bless others He will give us the strength to do so. When He calls us to come away and spend time with Him, we have to trust that He will give grace to the people we are with. It's always best when we choose to live with our eyes fixed on Jesus, rather than in fear of man. This isn't always easy when we're living in a very different culture, and even when we have many cultures within our team. It's a daily challenge to keep discovering the culture of the Kingdom and to bring that in all we do. 
I'm so excited for this last month in French Polynesia and believe that God has some awesome things He's going to continue to do both in and through our team."

No comments:

Post a Comment